What do I need to become a Canadian citizen??

You must be a permanent resident, be 18 years of age or older, have lived in Canada for at least 1,095 days in the four past years, have an adequate knowledge of English or French and pass a test to prove your knowledge of Canada.

If I become a Canadian citizen, will I lose my original citizenship??

That depends on your country of origin. Some countries as Canada allow dual citizenship while others do not.

If I marry a Canadian citizen, will I become a citizen as well??

No. Marriage to a Canadian citizen does not give you citizenship.

Does the time I previously spent in Canada as a worker/student count towards my citizenship??

The time you spent in Canada before becoming permanent resident counts only as half up to a maximum of one year.

Can I count any time I have spent outside Canada with my spouse who is a Canadian citizen??

You can only count that time if your spouse is working for a federal or provincial public service or is in the Canadian armed forces.

How can I prove my adequate knowledge of language??

You can prove you have achieved intermediate level of English or French with the results of an authorized test, with the completion of secondary or post-secondary studies in English or French (in Canada or abroad), or with the completion of certain government-funded language training programs.

Integra Immigration offers you IELTS and TEF training to help you get the score you need for your application.

Can I submit the results from the language test I took when applied for my permanent residence??

Yes. There is no expiration date for language test results for citizenship purposes.